Ripples summer break
We do not publish in August. The deadline for September edition is12noon on Friday 8th August. We welcome announcements up to 15th October.
My dog has fleas
Ukulele enthusiasts can rejoice because the Ukey D’ukes, based in Ashton Keynes, have a busy gig programme this summer. They are appearing, in person, once only, at the following prestigious venues near you:
- Saturday 12th July: Charity Music Marathon at Swindon Town Football Club, in aid of Ruby's Fat Cow and The Prospect Hospice
- Saturday 19th July: Coln St. Aldwyn's Village Fete and Produce Show
- Sunday 20th July: Cider and Sausage Festival at The White Hart Inn, Ashton Keynes
- Sunday 27th July: Afternoon BBQ at The Trout Inn, Lechlade
- Friday 15th August: Fairford Steam Rally (evening)
- Sunday 7th September: Charity music event at The Greyhound, Siddington.
And the fleas? The ukulele is a wonderfully simple, yet rewarding instrument to learn. Surprisingly, fleas play an important role in the tuning. I learned to play the uke as a teenager (well I could scratch a few pathetic chords) but all I can remember now is how to tune it. You can have a go too! Search at www.youtube.com for ‘my dog has fleas’.
Then, having mastered the fleas, visit www.theukeydukes.co.uk for the details of where to enjoy Ashton Keynes’ famous uke scratchers this summer.
Remember, no Ripples in August. We’ll be back in September. Have a great summer!